The Blue Dress Barn in Millburg, Michigan is a beautiful venue! You can have your ceremony outdoors, and then move inside the barn for the reception. I played for a wedding ceremony in the garden on June 12th, and the rain held off – but barely! The harp cover stayed within reach, just in case I needed to run for shelter.
The bride chose traditional music for the processionals and recessional, with a popular song for the unity sand ceremony.
- Seating of Families: “Canon in D” by Pachelbel
- Bridal Party Processional: “Jesu, Joy of Man’s Desiring” by Bach
- Bride’s Processional: “Bridal Chorus” by Wagner
- Unity Sand Ceremony: “Fields of Gold” by Sting
- Recessional: “Wedding March” by Mendelssohn
After packing up, I drove to Heston Hills Banquet Center outside of LaPorte, Indiana. The mother of the groom had hired me to provide background music for the cocktail hour. This is a great task to delegate to family and friends! Let them do research for your vendors, and then you can make your selections.