Notre Dame football home games usually mean a Saturday off for me, but the Friday and Sunday on either side are typically booked. On Sunday, September 5th, everyone was in good spirits after an Irish win! It was also a beautiful day for an outdoor wedding in the courtyard of the Hilton Garden Inn / Gillespie Conference Center in South Bend, IN.
I met with Jaclyn & Tony in early August to plan their wedding music. They chose to have me play my Venus Penti pedal harp, since its modern silhouette and ebony finish fit in perfectly with their olive green and black color theme! For the ceremony, they wanted to have mostly classical selections, but not the most traditional pieces.
- Seating of Families & Bridal Party Processional: Arioso by J.S. Bach
- Bride’s Processional: Canon in D by J. Pachelbel
- Recessional: Jesu, Joy of Man’s Desiring by J.S. Bach
The bride had some special requests for the prelude and postlude, so I split them between the pre-service music and the music played after the ceremony as guests departed for the cocktail hour. These included:
- Aria from Rinaldo
- Irish folk song “O Danny Boy”
- Welsh folk songs (By Kell’s Waters & Serch Hudol)
- Czech/Bohemian Folk Song “I See You My Beloved“
- All I Ask of You from Phantom of the Opera
- By the Light of the Silvery Moon
- Fields of Gold
- My Heart Will Go on from Titanic
As a South Bend harpist, I would love to play for your wedding! Visit my website – Northern Indiana harpist – and contact me for a quote.