Situated midway between Peoria and Bloomington, Illinois, the Mackinaw Valley Vineyard is a popular Central Illinois wedding venue! Doug & Crystal had a beautiful Friday evening ceremony at their outdoor gazebo. They put their ceremony music high on their priority list, booked early, and had some amazing music selections!
The prelude and postlude included the harp & violin duets:
- All I Ask of You from Phantom of the Opera
- Autumn Leaves
- Can You Feel the Love Tonight from The Lion King
- Fly Me to the Moon (In Other Words)
- In Dreams from Lord of the Rings: Breaking of the Fellowship
- Music of the Night from Phantom of the Opera
- My Funny Valentine
- My Heart Will Go On from Titanic
- Only Time
- Part of Your World from The Little Mermaid
- Someone to Watch Over Me from Oh, Kay!
- Unchained Melody
- Your Song
For the entrance of the bridal party, we played the main theme from Final Fantasy VII, and the bride’s processional music was “Theme of Love” from Final Fantasy IV. “Eyes on Me” (Final Fantasy VIII) played as the couple performed their signing ceremony, and the recessional was “Throne Room” from Star Wars Episode IV.
Not necessarily music you might expect on the harp, but it was a lot of fun to put together, and the guests enjoyed it, too. They even applauded the recessional, and a few couples stuck around to dance during the postlude – that was a first for me!
If you are planning a wedding at Mackinaw Valley Vineyard, or anywhere in the Bloomington & Peoria areas, please contact me about providing your wedding music! Visit my website, Central Illinois Wedding Music, for details and more information.